Spring and Summer 2020 Fishing season has nearly come and gone.
I am sure you will agree that we have had a strange year! One that I hope never gets repeated!
I have been asked to develop a presentation for our Sub-Committee meeting coming up in early October.
Presentation is to be Titled: Lessons Learned in 2020 - BSA Fishing Programs
I need your help!
Please provide Michael Brand with a brief summary, that describes how you, your fellow CAIs, MB Counselors, and Angler Educators served the youth in your Council. Specifically, what was done in 2020 to provide quality Fishing Programs during this Pandemic.
- How did your Fishing Programs evolve during 2020.
- Who was on your team? Positions Held
- What Programs did you focus upon and why?
- Share success stories, and why do you believe they were successful.
- Share your challenges, what would you have done differently if you had to do it again?
Presentation will also cover;
Ready your Council Camps in 2021 - BSA Fishing Programs
As we ramp up for Council Summer Camp Operations in 2021, please describe your plan to assist your Council.
To achieve quality Fishing program delivery in 2021, please describe the key points that you feel need to be addressed prior to opening of camp next summer.
Use these topics as a guide, but please feel free to add to listing and be specific.
- Trained Leaders in Program Delivery
- Proper Equipment and Maintenance
- Designed, Promoted, Planned, Staffed Program Opportunities
- Shoreline Access Points well maintained.
- Fishery Evaluation and Improvement
Thank you in advance for your time spent on reflection and providing me with the gift of your feedback. I cannot do this presentation without your input. You insight is most desired and appreciated. Until we meet again, wishing you all tightlines and FISH ON!
Michael Brand - Region Fishing Programs - Vice Chair